Monday, August 31, 2009
Sunday, August 30, 2009
So Rex and I ventured to Lockhart Texas this past Saturday!
As usual we hit up Kruez. I ordered a slice of beef brisket, beef rib and jalapeno cheese sausage! Beef brisket – was excellent; super tender! Great flavor, texture! 9.8. Beef brisket – was kind of skimpy on the meat, but awesome taste and flavor; great balance of fattiness to make it so tasty! It was a little salty though… but great. 9.6. Jalapeno sausage – solid; always solid. 9.5. Iced tea – 9.8 good brew…perfect balance…Overall 9.7
Up next is my favorite: Smitty’s. Ordered only pork rib and lone star. Pork rib – I like them cooked a little longer I can usually tell by the toughness and how hard the cartilage is. Great flavor and perfect amount of sauce 9.5. Lone star – 10. Part of Rex’s Avocado – 8.5. Overall – 9.5
Lastly you know where I like to end it; the old Chisholm Trail for some peach cobbler w/ soft serve ice cream! 9.5 hit the spot nicely!
First pic w/ bread is Kruez. Pics w/ just ribs – Smitty’s. Pic w/ Rex – Smitty’s. Cobbler – Chisholm trail
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
1. The Salt Lick (visit #3): 9.9525
2. Opie’s Barbecue (visit #1): 9.8925
3. Louie Mueller Barbecue (visit #2): 9.795
4. Louie Mueller Barbecue (visit #1): 9.778
5. Mills County BBQ Company: 9.765
6. Smitty's Market: 9.7
7. Schoepf’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que (visit #2): 9.59
8. Schoepf's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que (visit #3): 9.57
9. Opie's Barbecue (visit #2): 9.55875
10. The Salt Lick (visit #1): 9.23
11. The Salt Lick (visit #2): 9.21
12. Schoepf’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que (visit #1): 9.166
13. Rudy’s “Country Store” and Bar-B-Q: 9.14
14. Miss Mae's Bar-B-Q: 9.067
15. Cooper’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que: 9.018
16. Black's Barbecue: 8.945
17. Hill’s Cafe: 8.7733
18. The Pit Barbeque: 8.38
19. Donn's BBQ: 8.21
20. Riley's Bar-B-Q: 8.147
21. Chisholm Trail Barbeque: 7.895
22. The Old Coupland Inn & Dancehall: 7.82
23. The Smokehouse: 7.025
24. Sam's Bar-B-Cue: 4.7467
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Had to run to Waco this evening. So figured I better man up @ Schoepf’s & Johnny T’s while up this way.
Can't beat new atmosphere of Schoepf’s. They actually had a bluegrass country gospel jam session going on back patio. Their pork ribs r mighty flavorful but could be meatier.
Brisket is tasty even if not really my style...a bit roastish.
Johnny t's provided a southern style home cooking surprise. Very flavorful and well marbled moist brisket. Mighty fine pulled pork and spicy apple slaw. I think we need to give this place future consideration for an official visit. It may well be a hidden gym in that A- to B++ type range.
RP on the road.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
2. Russell hits up Schoepf's and Johnny T's in one evening.
3. Pics from a to-go order from Mills County BBQ Company
4. Merchandise spotlight
5. Current 2009 rankings
6. Jason and Rex travel to Lockhart.
7. Pics from Sharon's Barbeque in Abilene
8. Pics of pork ribs from Perini Ranch Steakhouse in Buffalo Gap
9. Man Up's 1-year anniversary
10. Review and pics of Man Up's record-setting outing to Milt's Pit BBQ in Kyle
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Reminder: Man Up's t-shirts are $3 off, thru Sunday, August 23, at 11:59 PM (Pacific). Use coupon code BTSTSHIRTS09 at checkout. There are a bunch of shirt styles, all with multiple color schemes, so customize the shirt(s) you want, and order while they're reduced!