Sunday, September 26, 2010

Layovers well spent.

Last Sunday and Monday, I had layovers at my favorite airport, Charlotte-Douglas. Have I, more than once, picked certain flight patterns b/c they had Charlotte layovers? Of course. I won't get into the myriad reasons Charlotte's airport is my favorite, but chief among them is that CLT is home to Brookwood Farms Carolina Pit BBQ, which I've hit up every time I've been through Charlotte. I've lost count how many meals I've had from Brookwood Farms, but I can tell you that my meal (always pulled pork with sauce, 2 sides, cornbread, and a large iced tea) always hits the spot. Sunday's early lunch and Monday's dinner were no exceptions. Maybe I wouldn't enjoy it as much if the meals were sandwiched between cramped flights with who knows what types of airborne nastiness circulating around an air-tight cabin, but I think the place is legit. Didn't have camera, so these are the best pics I've got:


No comments: