Thursday, December 29, 2011

J-Pa hits up Stiles Switch BBQ & Brew (Austin, TX)

Review from Man Upper Jason, who visited Stiles Switch BBQ for the first time:

I’ve been pretty excited about this place as it’s real close to my house! We North Austin folks have been waiting for a place like this. Stiles Switch reminded me a lot of Louie Mueller and of course JMueller. I’m sure we’ve heard that they all derived from the same source. Anyways today I ordered moist brisket, jalapeno cheese sausage and a beef rib. The brisket was excellent; on par w/ any great brisket in town. They take pride in hoping to speed up the process and not have people wait over an hour for food. Jalapeno cheese sausage was also solid; very very finely ground and great flavor. Beef rib was suburb today; my co-worker went last week and said it was not great when he got it; but mine was juicy and great pepper rub. I’ll def. be back as this place is only 5 min for me. The lay out is nice w/ plenty of tables all around and TV’s everywhere. They also served several beers on tap as well as a nice drink cooler. Stiles Switch BBQ on Urbanspoon

No comments: