Friday, March 1, 2013

QOTD: What's the best BBQ joint between Austin & Houston?

On Monday and Wednesday, I asked for the best BBQ joint between Dallas & Houston and between Austin & Dallas, respectively. Today, to complete the triangle, I want to know the best BBQ joint between Austin & Houston. However, there are 3 major ways to get from one city to the other: (1) via I-10 & TX 71, (2) via I-10 & US 183, & (3) via I-10 and I-35. So, for all of you who giving just one answer, feel free to give an answer for each route.

6 comments:

Drew Thornley said...

Twitter reply: "#4 290 is the only way for me. Giddings - City Meat Market. Elgin - Southside Market. And Taylor is just a 30 min detour."

TX Smoke Daddy said...

As a UT Grad from Houston (MANY trips between Austin & Houston), the two viable routes are 290 (Northside) or 71-I10 (West, Central, South). The 183 route is purely a 'bbq route that is not too far out of the way', so that doesn't count in my book. Zimmerhanzel's in Smithville would be my stop along 71. Its been too long since traveling 290, but maybe City Meat Market in Giddings.

Drew Thornley said...

Twitter reply: "definitely Meyers in Elgin and City Meat Market in Giddens."

Drew Thornley said...

Twitter reply: "Joel's in Flatonia"

Frank said...

If you go 290, then of course, it's the giddings Meat Mkt.
If you go 71 to I-10. then it's Gil's in Ellinger, only open Fri-Sun (because Gil works at Hruska's too)

Drew Thornley said...

Facebook reply: "Black's in Lockhart"