Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jason previews Iron Works Barbecue

Fresh on the heels of moonlighting at Louie Mueller, Jason got a taste of Austin's Iron Works Barbecue. Man Up hasn't reviewed Iron Works yet, but Jason gives us a preview:

I had some friends from Seattle come in town and they wanted to go to Stubb’s for lunch on Monday, but they close Monday. So I suggested Iron Works 'cause it’s down the street. Here’s my review...Brisket was crazy moist; moistest brisket I have ever eaten; maybe they boiled it!!But no joke the moisture was ridiculous…but flavor was a little lacking…I give it a 9. I also had a beef rib, which was also very moist; and tasty; not like Meuller’s at all; Completely different style beef ribs; but not bad; I would def. order it again. Beef rib was about an 8.4. Overall: 8.7

I am sure we'll pay Iron Works a visit in the days ahead, so we welcome Jason's reconnaissance.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am new to this blog (thanks Todd), and I must start with an objection. Texas BBQ is good. KC BBQ is great. As a future avid reader of this blog, I propose a regional BBQ competition. I am unsure as to the logistics to make this happen, but I am confident the Man Up squad will find a way to get it done. KC's best (but most $$) joint, Jackstack does a mail order, but I have never experienced it so I would hate for the mail to manipulate the Jack Stack experience as I am sure it must...

I have experienced very little "real" TX bbq since recently moving to Austin, so I look forward to taking your blog info to explore the new options. While hesitant, I will go in with an open mind and empty stomach, and I will let you all know if it changes my life. (as bbq is quite a life altering experience...)

Thanks for the great blog. I look forward to diving in.

Unknown said...

By the way, done the Memphis scene, and nothing to write home about. Found a place on Beale Street that I liked alot, in fact I believe it was called Beale Street BBQ, or something similar to that. Last time I flew through Memphos I was told the Beale Street place I had visited changed there name, and I never caught the new one... KC still brings it home hands down. Jackstack ribs are unrivaled. They have a Beef rib that is AMAZING... in fact... straight from the online menu...

CROWN PRIME BEEF RIBS Three well-marbled Beef Short Ribs smoked to perfection. It’s the ultimate
barbecue experience!

I am telling you, this is where its at. It can not even be up for debate.

Check out their online menu, it gives you an idea of what they have on the table...

Drew Thornley said...

Man, this Bama fan hasn't seen this much smack talk since Georgia decided to "black out" the Tide. Great to have you along for the ride, Andy. Keep commenting.