Saturday, May 23, 2009

Best ribs in the country???

Hat tip to blog reader Darrell Caldwell emailed this to me. The video is of the 4 finalists for Good Morning America's competition for the nation's best BBQ ribs. A few comments:

1. I've never been to Cousin's in Fort Worth, but I am at a loss for how the pork ribs at Smitty's Market and/or the sweet-and-spicy ribs at Opie's Barbecue didn't make the cut. The two best I've had in Texas.

2. Archibald's in Northport, Alabama, is right next to my alma mater, The University of Alabama, and we would pick up their ribs every gameday in the fall. Easily some of the best ribs I've ever had. True pit BBQ. No frills. Just a tiny shack. The vinegar-based sauce is fantastic.

3. The guy from the place in New York is right: my head was about to explode, while watching the video. Syracuse? Des Moines? Really?

1 comment:

Scott P. said...

Archibald's is a great BBQ Shack...Makes Dreamland look like a bunch of amateurs.