Monday, February 15, 2010

Two Bros. BBQ Market (San Antonio)

Before heading to Helotes to see Chris Knight at Floore's Country Store, I met some new friends for dinner at Two Bros. BBQ Market in North-Central San Antonio, a joint that's been open just a year now.

I was bummed that they were out of pork butt - the one thing I wanted above all else - but it was pushing 8 on a Friday night, so I wasn't too surprised. I had chopped beef ($8.50/lb), a chicken thigh ($2), and a cherry-glazed baby back ($14.50/lb). Overall, I found each of them too fatty, but that's a plus in some others' books. The smoked stuffed jalapenos were good, but I liked them better without the bacon. Call me crazy, but if I eat bacon, I want it to be a crispy slice, not a soft, fatty piece wrapped around something else. I enjoyed the tangy cole slaw, and their sauces were outstanding. We had terrific service, and the atmosphere was inviting. They've got a big place out back for kids (and BBQ bloggers) to play, and their pit was cool. I'd like to try it again for lunch sometime. Here are the first pics...









Two Bros. BBQ Market on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've always wanted to try this place - I've had samples of the Two Bros menu at Jason Dady catered events. He's going to be cooking in my house in a few weeks!

Weightloss said...

Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site.
Legal Steroids
phenq diet pills