Sunday, April 4, 2010

KLTV News highlights Nick Pencis (Stanley's Famous Pit BBQ, Tyler, TX)

A couple of folks have emailed me a video that features my buddy Nick Pencis, who owns and operates Stanley's Famous Pit BBQ in Tyler, TX. I met Nick at Gettin' Sauced!, when he showed up with loads of his BBQ sauce, which the video shows him whipping up in the kitchen of Stanley's. The video is about the recent study revealing that BBQ sauce has some healthy qualities (see my post from last week). I love the part where Nick says he'll be filling prescriptions. Might need to come up with some sort of medical/doctor "nick" name. See what I just did there?

Anyway, Nick is great. When I met him, my first thought was "Well, shoot, I'm never gonna be as cool as this guy." We plan to make a road trip to Tyler this summer, to dine at Stanley's and take Nick with us to some other joints in the area. Also, Stanley's might be taking part in a new BBQ-savings program we're gonna roll out during the coming weeks, so stay tuned, and you can save a little money whenever you stop in. In the meantime, dive into some sauce. It's for your own good.

No comments: