Sunday, April 27, 2014

Dinner at Smokehouse with Chef Neil Rankin

Chef Neil Rankin recently spent a couple of weeks in Austin and ate his fill from a bunch of Austin BBQ joints. I didn't have the pleasure to meet him while he was in town, but I was fortunate to have dinner with him last night at Smokehouse, his BBQ joint in London, England. We had more courses than I've probably ever had in one sitting, and the food was delicious. Neil is doing some really neat things, putting his unique spin on traditional meats. I will post pictures of the food later. For now, I just want to thank Neil again for being such a great host. It was a fantastic way to spend 3 hours, and if you're in London, you'd be wise to stop in. Some Texans feel there is no good BBQ in other states, much less other countries, but this place UK joint is legit. Pics & more pics.


2 comments:

Linz said...

Good to meet you man. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay

Drew Thornley said...

Linz, had the best time with y'all. Wish we cold hang out again soon.