Sunday, January 17, 2010

BCS BBQ

My brother and mom went out to Pasadena for the BCS National Championship. Before the game, they went to a tailgate with "Texas-style BBQ." Here's his recap:

Hey Drew. Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of Man Up as I was tailgating at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains beside the Rose Bowl before the Alabama-Texas game. I had a chance to go to an official Alabama pre-game tailgate and they were serving Texas styled BBQ -- brisket, BBQ chicken and ranch beans, to be exact. Frankly, I was really skeptical of eating BBQ in SoCal and also was thinking that it was a bad omen for the game. However, after sampling the fare, I must say that the food was awesome. In honor of Man Up, I took an infomal poll of all those sitting around me, and all agreed it was excellent. Since the party was catered, I don't know to whom I should give the credit. Therefore, I will affectionately call it "2009 BCS National Championship BBQ." I know that probably won't sound too appetizing to most of your readers, so let's just agree to nickname it "BBQ with an *." Man Up, Texas fans. Roll Tide.

Speaking of BCS, here you go.

No comments: