Monday, January 4, 2010

The return of John Mueller?

From Pat Sharpe at Texas Monthly (hat tip to my buddy Daniel Vaughn):

Monday, January 4, 2010
A Teaser Email from John Mueller, of Barbecue Fame
posted by Pat Sharpe at 12:23 PM

The most intriguing email of the last week came to us from John Mueller (yes, one of those Muellers, as in the barbecue dynasty of Central Texas).

It said, in its entirety: “Have a very Happy New Year. Look for John Mueller BBQ in the very early 2010 in some form. Taking it to the streets and using Joe Nick’s advice of 1 brisket at a time.–Have a great day–John Mueller.”

So, I emailed John with a few questions and just heard back. He says: “Yes [the new operation] will be in Austin. I’m taking this slowly to ensure a successful comeback. My first plan is to vend in local clubs so I can reestablish my reputation and confidence. I will be looking for the exact right opportunity for a building.”

(”Joe Nick” refers to Texas writer Joe Nick Patoski, a noted barbecue expert.)

*Update (1-5-09): Follow John Mueller on Twitter.

No comments: