Monday, March 29, 2010

Todd makes Man Up's first visit to North Main BBQ (Euless, TX)

Here's his recap:

This past February, I was back home in Dallas (Flower Mound to be exact) and didn't want to waste the opportunity to visit one of the 16 best BBQ joints as determined by our good friend Daniel Vaughn of Full Custom BBQ. Through a random selection of what was close by, I visited North Main BBQ, in Euless Texas with my family in tow!

North Main is #16 on Daniel's list, and is a pretty good place. I personally don't think it holds a candle to any central Texas BBQ joint, but I might be biased. They offer a buffet, which at $12 is a pretty sweet deal. This particular day, they were serving up pork ribs, pulled pork, brisket, sausage, & chicken. My first trip through the line, I loaded up on some of everything. Overall, this plate was about average, nothing really stood out as spectacular. However, as you should always do, whenever there is a buffet, I went back. The second time through I devoted my plate to ribs after seeing their banners on the wall, and their claim for 'The Best Ribs In The World.' This time was much better! The ribs were fresh off the pit and were quite a delight, a solid 9.4.

Overall I left with a positive impression of North Main, friendly staff and cozy atmosphere. Not sure if I'd go back, but that's more to do with trying the other #15 places on Daniel's list.


North Main BBQ on Urbanspoon









No comments: