Friday, March 4, 2011

Saturday, January 29, 2011: City Meat Market (Giddings, TX)

Our party of 18 left our early-morning feast at Snow's around 10:30. Two had to head back to Austin, but two others joined up with us for our second stop of the day, City Meat Market, less than 20 miles down the road in Giddings. With the exception of Jacob, I'm pretty sure it was everyone's first visit to CMM - which, btw, just won our Readers' Choice award for Best Overall of 2010. The first thing I noticed - and liked - about the place was that it appeared as if nothing had really changed about the place (I know: I'd never been there, so how could I think it had never changed? It just looked like a place that didn't take time away from smoking meats to decorate.) I ordered pork ribs and pork shoulder. The latter seemed to be a favorite among the group. (Earlier this week, CMM became an affiliate of The Q Card, so I cannot review/rate the food.) Gerald, as he's done for more than 3 decades, was manning the pit. Sharon was a gracious hostess and spent lots of time chatting with us. Here are the first pics:





No comments: