Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blue Ribbon Barbecue: Before & After

I made my first visit to Blue Ribbon Barbecue a couple of days ago. I didn't eat as much as I normally would have, since I had just come from a lunch meeting, but I cleaned my plate of brisket, sausage, pork rib, green beans, and corn (Sorry for the quality; didn't have my camera.). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe BRB is the most centrally located BBQ restaurant in Austin (4th & Brazos). Should be a hit with the downtown lunch crowds.

I am thrilled that Blue Ribbon has signed on as the 30th affiliate of The Q Card. I spent an hour with proprietor Bobby Cavo, who is the grandson of the late Texas BBQ legend Rudy Mikeska. Bobby is a super-nice guy. Stop by to see him and grab a bite. BRB is a welcome addition to the downtown lunch scene. Wait, not just lunch. Starting Monday, BRB will be serving breakfast tacos!



Blue Ribbon Barbecue on Urbanspoon

No comments: