Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ranch Road 620 BBQ

I took my time heading up Ranch Road 620 from Highway 71 earlier today. Started off by dropping off a POP display and some cards to new Q-Card affiliate Buster's BBQ in Lakeway. Saw the pit, took some pics, and stayed for lunch. Then headed North, so I could take a scenic route back to Austin, and saw a BBQ trailer off to the right, just a couple of miles from Buster's. Smoke Shack has been open just 7 weeks. Took some pics and had some brisket. I didn't stop at Smokey J's at the intersection of RR 620 and RM 2222, but since I had a large Rudy's cup in my car, I stopped into Rudy's (just North of 2222) for a $1.08 Trophy refill of iced tea. So, by my count, if you're traveling along 620 between Buster's and Rudy's (10.6-mile stretch), you've got 4 BBQ options. And it's a beautiful drive, to boot. Enjoy.

No comments: