Sunday, December 29, 2013

Double-Duty Joints: BBQ & Steaks

I received an email yesterday asking about destinations in Texas for great steaks. It got me thinking about how some Texas BBQ joints double as steakhouses. For example, in Salado, you'll find Johnny's Steaks & Bar-Be-Que. In Killeen, Texas BBQ & Steakhouse. In San Benito, Longhorn Cattle Company Barbeque & Steak Restaurant. Or how about Gabby's in Houston or J. Cody's Steaks & BBQ in Bryan/College Station? You get the point.

Today, I'm interested to hear your favorite BBQ/steak joint, and I'd also like to create a list of all the joints in Texas that pull double duty. So, if you know of a place, send me the name and town, and I'll add it to the list!

1 comment:

Drew Thornley said...

Reply to me via Twitter: "the west texas joints like Coopers, Hard 8. Have only tried the bbq but steaks looked good at Cooper's Llano"