Tuesday, December 9, 2014

What are the best non-traditional BBQ menu items?

Here in a little bit, I'm heading to SLAB BBQ for lunch. SLAB has some non-traditional items on its menu, like a BBQ hash and BBQ nachos. It has me thinking about the non-traditional items that lots of BBQ joints have on the menu; and I'm curious to read your favorites. So, ruling out usual suspects - namely, meats my themselves and BBQ sandwiches - what outside-the-box menu items have you found? Even if the menu item isn't that far outside the normal (e.g. BBQ backed potatoes, BBQ salads, Frito pies), let us know!


Don O. said...

Brisket sausage at Longoria's and the Frankenfood cookie at Black's.

Drew Thornley said...

Reply to me via Facebook: "Ixtapa Pobano. Poblano stuffed with Andouille sausage, pulled pork, queso, topped with pico de gallo. At Smokey Denmark Smoked Meats."

Drew Thornley said...

Reply to me via Twitter: "Frito Pie @la_Barbecue ... Lamb chops @LouieMuellerBBQ ... Coconut Pecan Pie @SMOKINaRIB4you"