Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Dot's Bar-B-Q (West Point, MS)

Last month, while in West Point, Mississippi, for a wedding, I spotted Dot's Bar-B-Q. I had a little free time the next morning, so my wife & I stopped in for lunch. Smokers outside the restaurant, and a grill inside for made-to-order burgers, etc. I met the proprietor, and she was such a treat to talk to. She has a job and runs the joint on the side. She trained the pitmaster, as she is one herself. We discussed how hard it is to run a BBQ joint, something I've learned from pitmasters and proprietors here in Texas. While trying to decide what to order from the diverse menu (wings, Polish sausage, hog snout, red rose, etc.), she offered us samples of rib tips. I ended up ordering a burger and the Southern-BBQ staple that is a pulled-pork sandwich with fries and baked beans, all of which came out hot & fresh.











No comments: