Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mark & Ashley hit up Schoepf's

Mark and Ash had dinner at Schoepf's on Friday, November 7. The only thing that does not make me happy about this is that I wasn't there for it. Their reviews...

Lady first: "chicken - absolutely delicious, falls off the bone, perfect seasoning; service - good hometown kinda people; atmosphere - been there when its busier and i like it better during those times (even though it takes a bit longer to get your food), but we went right before closing time. I've grown up going there and have never had a bad meal. I love it and don't think it's 'cause I'm biased. I'm hard to please when it comes to food, but Schoepf's is a winner in my book."

And from the Frisco kid: "brisket: mildly tender and tasty on its own, but excellent with the sauce; turkey: too bland and rubbery; sauce: a little thicker would be nice, but perfect taste; jalapeno cornbread: awesome, but slightly dry; cole slaw: the best I've had yet; atmosphere: spacious and sturdy wood bench seating, great service, TVs. A legit BBQ experience."

Ashley's scores - Chicken 9.8; Beans: 9; Green beans: 8.5; Jalapeno cornbread: 8.5; Tea: 8.8; Service: 9.1; Atmosphere: 8.1; Overall experience: 9.4

Mark's scores - Brisket: 8.4; Turkey: 4.5; Sauce: 9.7; Jalapeno cornbread: 9.4; Cole slaw: 9.1; Atmosphere: 9.5; Overall experience: 9.7

Overall Man-Up Score: 9.55

(See the review of Man Up's first trip to Schoepf's.)

Schoepf's Old Time Pit Bar-B Que on Urbanspoon

No comments: