Thursday, May 7, 2009

Second visit to Green Mesquite





Just got back from lunch at Green Mesquite. It was my second visit (read the review of Man Up’s trip to Green Mesquite), and I just wanted to post some pics and offer a few reactions:

1. I had the two-meat plate (ribs and chicken), only b/c it’s a better deal than ordering just the two meats. The chicken was not dry at all, which is notable, since it was a quarter-white section. The ribs weren’t bad. I like the sauce.
2. When I got the bill, I found out that the two-meat special is the daily special for Tuesday, not Thursday.
3. Whatever you do, don’t order the green beans. They’re terrible. I knew this, after having them during my first visit to GM, but I thought I’d give them another try. Bad decision. I can’t explain what they taste like, but it’s not near what I’ve come to recognize as green beans.
4. I love watching people’s reactions when I take pictures of my food.
5. GM has a nice, neighborhood feel to it. They were doing quite the lunch business today.
6. I didn’t know they have a second location at the Y in Oak Hill.
7. I got creeped out when I looked up from my counter barstool and saw a picture on the wall of someone holding a snake, but then I calmed down when a few pictures to the right was of a guy with a cigar in his hand.
8. The service is excellent. Everyone is attentive and friendly.
9. The iced tea is good, they have lemons, and the crushed ice is awesome.
10. I now smell like BBQ, which goes firmly in the plus column.

No comments: