Sunday, January 30, 2011

Saturday, January 15, 2011: Soulman's Bar-B-Que (Mesquite, TX)

Brad and I had lunch a couple of weekends ago at the Soulman's in his hometown of Mesquite. We weren't too hungry, so we just split a 3-meat plate: brisket, pork ribs, dark chicken, beans, and green beans. I liked that the pork ribs were a bit crispy on the outside (and tore easily from the bone), and the dark chicken wasn't dry (always a major plus for chicken). The brisket was a disappointment. It was extra lean - dry and chewy. Truth be told, the fault was mine, for I didn't ask for outside and/or fatty cuts, and I didn't pay attention to the cutting. It's not fair for me to give the thumbs down to their brisket, generally, when I wasn't specific about what I wanted. The green beans were great - piping hot and tasty.

Soulman's Bar-B-Que on Urbanspoon





No comments: