Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Conference crowd at County Line

I recently met a new friend through Twitter, and when he came to Austin a couple of weeks ago for an education-technology conference, he got a big group of conference goers together for dinner with me at The County Line on the Lake. We had folks from Austin, DFW, El Paso, & California (Check them out on Twitter: @, @, @, @, @, @). (By the way, I was the youngest person in our party of 10, and I soon found out that I was the least technologically savvy, by far.) We feasted on two 5-meat-sampler appetizers before we even ordered: brisket, sausage, turkey, pork ribs, and beef rib. Not surprisingly, the beef ribs were a hit. More were ordered. Between that and that homemade - not to mention the iced tea - I was getting full by the time I ordered my light dinner of quarter (dark) chicken, ham, beans, slaw, and potato salad. The slaw was too runny for my tastes, but I enjoyed the potato salad, particularly when combined with the beans. The meats didn't last long. The service was outstanding.

County Line on the Lake on Urbanspoon





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming and getting it all over ya!! we are up smoking early so we can get the best bbq out there! hope to see you guys again. pito sosa