Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Which is the best "food town" in America?

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of spending a couple of days in San Francisco with more than a dozen other food bloggers from around North America, courtesy of the fantastic folks at Chowzter. San Diego, New York City, Vancouver, Charleston, Los Angeles, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Portland, Toronto, Savannah, Orlando, & other cities were represented. I learned much more about the food scenes in each of the places and was impressed by how diverse each of these places is, food-wise.

Being around so much food talk and seeing various dishes from each of these places has me pondering which is the best food town in America. By "food town," what do I mean? Not exactly sure. Maybe it means the place with the most options. Or the most diverse options. Or simply the best options. I really don't know. I'll leave it to you to decide and answer, but I guess what I'm getting at is, if you're a food lover, which city is tailor-made for you?

10 comments:

Drew Thornley said...

Reply to me via Twitter: "Austin, Tx followed closely by Seattle & NYC"

Drew Thornley said...

Reply to me via Twitter: "Houston!"

Drew Thornley said...

Reply to me via Twitter: "Houston"

Drew Thornley said...

Reply to me via Twitter: "Charleston SC"

Drew Thornley said...

Reply to Charleston answer (above) via Twitter: "I agree with @lippjam Charleston of course"

Omeica said...

I thought it had already been decided! Portland, Oregon!

Drew Thornley said...

Ha!!! Omeica, I was wondering if you'd remind me of that.

Unknown said...

Vegas. If you avoid the buffets, some of the best chefs in the world have some amazing restaurants there. Unfortunately, I have not found any good barbecue there.

Drew Thornley said...

Reply to me via Twitter: "Definitely Austin. You just can't beat the quality and variety here."

Joe Wagner said...

I agree with your Houston reco, Drew. Great variety and quality of cuisine. Good prices to boot.