Friday, July 10, 2009

Jason converts another to our noble cause.

Email from J-Pa:

So my lady and I had a Saturday free; I was like, “you’ve never been to Lockhart have you?” Nope. “Let’s go! I’ll take you to my favorite BBQ places!”

So we proceed…I tell her all the intricate details of what’s good at where. First stop: Kreuz. Got there right at about noon; a line forming already…but good things come to those who wait…we all know that drill. I ordered of course jalapeño cheese sausage, 2 slices of moist brisket, 1 beef rib, 1 pork rib. I must tell you; I’ve never had a beef rib here or even knew they had it…it was pretty awesome! Great meat quality; you can just taste the flavor and very moist! 9.8. Beef brisket – HOLY Schnaps!!! BEST BRISKET I’VE EVER HAD!!!!! NO JOKEZ…10. First 10 on a brisket…It was pretty ridiculous how good the brisket was today. Jalapeño cheese sausage always $ - 9.8. Pork rib – eh, not impressed kind of dry; this is not their specialty I feel…8.

So after getting a taste of some awesome BBQ; we head over to Smitty’s my favorite BBQ of all time! Crack ribs, baby…All we ordered here was the pork ribs… as Amir would say ‘it’s the Bomb.com and yurrrrmmmmieesss: 9.8. A little dry in places but still great!

It was a great day in Lockhart; and we got another BBQ follower!

No comments: