Sunday, August 30, 2009

Jason and Rex visit Kreuz, Smitty's, and Chisholm Trail for lunch.




Email from Jason:

So Rex and I ventured to Lockhart Texas this past Saturday!

As usual we hit up Kruez. I ordered a slice of beef brisket, beef rib and jalapeno cheese sausage! Beef brisket – was excellent; super tender! Great flavor, texture! 9.8. Beef brisket – was kind of skimpy on the meat, but awesome taste and flavor; great balance of fattiness to make it so tasty! It was a little salty though… but great. 9.6. Jalapeno sausage – solid; always solid. 9.5. Iced tea – 9.8 good brew…perfect balance…Overall 9.7

Up next is my favorite: Smitty’s. Ordered only pork rib and lone star. Pork rib – I like them cooked a little longer I can usually tell by the toughness and how hard the cartilage is. Great flavor and perfect amount of sauce 9.5. Lone star – 10. Part of Rex’s Avocado – 8.5. Overall – 9.5

Lastly you know where I like to end it; the old Chisholm Trail for some peach cobbler w/ soft serve ice cream! 9.5 hit the spot nicely!

First pic w/ bread is Kruez. Pics w/ just ribs – Smitty’s. Pic w/ Rex – Smitty’s. Cobbler – Chisholm trail

1 comment:

Diva Q said...

Really great food!!!