Friday, January 29, 2010

Best of 2009: Best Sausage

Sausage. We're all a little scared of what it is, but we all love it. Like brisket, sausage is on every Texas BBQ joint's menu. Some serve it straight up. Others kick it up a notch with jalapenos or some other pepper. Either way, when it's done right, undesireables come together in perfect protein harmony. This year, we have a whole new group of winners, as none of last year's winners made the list:

1. Louie Mueller Barbecue (Taylor): 9.87

2. Meyer's Elgin Smokehouse (Elgin): 9.66

3. Opie's Barbecue (Spicewood): 9.61

4 comments:

RP said...

Agree. When is the best brisket coming out?

Drew Thornley said...

Tuesday.

Jacob said...

I like Mueller at 1. And I'm a big Opie's fan, but I think I would have thrown Kreuz or Luling BBQ in there.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe City Market in Luling wasn't in the running!