Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chopped-brisket sandwich & pork rib at Best of Texas Bar-B-Que (Bandera, TX)

Doni Simmons had a successful career touring far and wide as an Elvis tribute artist, and now he's making music from a BBQ pit. After closing his BBQ joint in the Houston area, he has set up shop on the outskirts of Bandera, Texas. If I'm correct, when I stopped in, they had been open just 3 months. He had one front-of-the-house staffer, but it was just him in the back. I watched him slice and then chop the brisket for my sandwich and the pork rib off a fresh rack. I would (and will, next time I'm in) order both again. (I took the rib to go and ate it that night, after heating it in the oven.) I didn't try the sauce, because the sandwich didn't need any. Factoring price, quantity, & quality, it was one of the best CB sandwiches I've had. The only thing I didn't like about my meal was the iced tea. Like most places' tea, way too weak and watered down. Tea should be dark brown. Steep those leaves good and strong, people!!!

Best of Texas Bar-B-Que on Urbanspoon





No comments: