Thursday, November 19, 2009

New blog feature: Texas BBQ Wannabes

From time to time, I see, hear, or read about a BBQ joint outside of Texas whose name has "Texas" in it. I read of one yesterday and decided to start a list of non-Texan BBQ joints that so badly wanna be Texan that they put "Texas" (or anything else sufficiently Texan: Hill Country, Lone Star, etc.) in their name. If you know of a place that fits the bill, email (manuptexasbbq@yahoo.com) or leave a comment, and I'll add it to the list. To those who end up on the list: don't get too upset - it's all in good fun. As a sign of good faith, I'll start the list with a place in my home state:

1. Texas Smokehouse (Decatur, Alabama)
2. ???

2 comments:

BBQ Snob said...

Dallas BBQ, Manhattan
Hill Country Barbecue, Manhattan
Tim's Texas BBQ, Hong Kong

G.G. said...

There's One Star Ranch in Atlanta's Buckhead neighborhood.