Thursday, November 19, 2009

New blog feature: Texas BBQ Wannabes

From time to time, I see, hear, or read about a BBQ joint outside of Texas whose name has "Texas" in it. I read of one yesterday and decided to start a list of non-Texan BBQ joints that so badly wanna be Texan that they put "Texas" (or anything else sufficiently Texan: Hill Country, Lone Star, etc.) in their name. If you know of a place that fits the bill, email ( or leave a comment, and I'll add it to the list. To those who end up on the list: don't get too upset - it's all in good fun. As a sign of good faith, I'll start the list with a place in my home state:

1. Texas Smokehouse (Decatur, Alabama)
2. ???


BBQ Snob said...

Dallas BBQ, Manhattan
Hill Country Barbecue, Manhattan
Tim's Texas BBQ, Hong Kong

Grant, the Hipster Dad said...

There's One Star Ranch in Atlanta's Buckhead neighborhood.