Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Texas BBQ Wannabes: 2, 3, and 4

Since posting my initial "Texas BBQ Wannabes" post, I've received 3 submissions:

Hill Country Barbecue (Manhattan) - Steve Combs (Richardson, Texas)

Dallas BBQ (Manhattan) - Daniel Vaughn, a.k.a BBQ Snob (Dallas, Texas)

Tim's Texas Bar-B-Q (Beijing, China) - Daniel Vaughn, a.k.a BBQ Snob (Dallas, Texas)

So, as it stands, here's our list:

1. Texas Smokehouse (Decatur, AL)
2. Hill County Barbecue (Manhattan)
3. Dallas BBQ (Manhattan)
4. Tim's Texas Bar-B-Q (Beijing)

Keep 'em coming, folks!

5 comments:

SallyElizabeth said...

Tim's Texas BBQ in BEIJING? Seriously?!? That is just too hilarious.

Drew Thornley said...

What can I say, Sally? All reaches of the globe recognize the glory that is Texas BBQ.

unhatched said...

I'm so tired of reading about Hill Country BBQ in NY. . .Serious Eats has a serious crush on that place. . .no thanks.

Anonymous said...

You can laugh, but when you are stuck in China for a month or more, Tim's is the place to go in Beijing. Food is good, there's friendly folks, music, darts, and American sports. Thanks Tim, you made my stay tolerable.

Drew Thornley said...

Anonymous: Oh, believe me, if I'm ever in Beijing, I'm there. Do you have any pics? Please feel free to send a review of it!