Friday, December 2, 2011

Lockhart BBQ recaps!

Not counting this one, 75 of my blog posts are tagged "Lockhart." As many of you know, it's known as the Barbecue Capital of Texas, as deemed by the Texas Legislature. We've got a good bit of chatter about it on Twitter today, and a couple of blog posts I've never seen were tweeted. They're both fantastic pictorial recaps of visits to all 4 BBQ joint in Lockhart (Black's, Chisholm Trail, Kreuz, & Smitty's), so I wanted everyone to see them. Both are from Austin blogs. One is from my foodie friend Sarah Pember, who runs the blog The Smart Kitchen. The other is from Tasting Buds. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting these self-proclaimed "food & wine geeks," but after seeing their Lockhart post, I definitely wanna grab some smoked meats with them.

1 comment:

supertsai said...

Right on! Thanks for mentioning my blog post on The Tasting Buds. Looks like we all agree that Kreuz is a winner!