Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tuesday's dinner at Lamberts Downtown Barbecue (Austin, TX)

Went during Happy Hour (daily, 5-7 pm: 1/2-price appetizers & bar food, $2 off all drinks at both bars), so our food was half price. Pork-rib plate with collard greens & potato salad. Frito pie. I liked the collard greens the best of the pork-rib plate. The bigger of the two ribs was far too chewy. My previous trip to Lamberts, I ordered pulled pork, and I really liked it. It goes great with the mustard sauce (as did the potato salad). I'll try the brisket next time. I didn't get the wild-boar ribs, as I did my first trip, but I almost did. Loved them last time. First time trying their Frito pie (which my friend ordered), and I coulda taken down that thing myself, after finishing my plate. As I did the first time, I liked the feel of the place. And it's hard to beat 1/2 off during HH.

Lamberts Downtown Barbeque on Urbanspoon





No comments: