Tuesday, November 23, 2010

QOTD: Where is the best brisket in Austin?

Whose brisket reigns supreme in the ATX? (Austin proper, not the metro area) Is it Old School BBQ & Grill? Texas Monthly says so. Is it Franklin Barbecue? The masses that stand in line every day seem to think so. Is it one of the 3 cuts that Rudy's serves up? How about Lambert's or The County Line or Iron Works or The Pit or Ruby's or Blue Ribbon or Cartwright's or Green Mesquite or Donn's or Bert's or Mann's or Texas Rib Kings or Smokey Mo's or Pok-e-jo's or any of the BBQ trailers around town? How about Austin BBQ caterers? Or maybe just a local competition team? Heck, maybe it's what you serve up in your backyard. So...whose brisket is THE BEST?

14 comments:

Drew Thornley said...

Twitter response:

Franklin BBQ Trailer - yummm!!!

Drew Thornley said...

Twitter response:

how can it not be franklins?

Drew Thornley said...

Twitter response:

Franklin

Drew Thornley said...

Twitter response:

Franklin's Barbecue, by a mile!!

Anonymous said...

I vote Franklin's, though The Salt Lick opened up a trailer at 1901 Rio Grande this past Saturday (11/20/10). We went last night and it's goooood, but not as good as in Driftwood (obv), and not as good as Franklin's. Give it time though.

I'm a big fan of Green Mesquite, but I still can't think of something better than Franklin's.

Anonymous said...

I had a nice piece of brisket at Ruby's on 29th recently. Have not been to Old School yet. Should I?

Drew Thornley said...

Twitter response:

I love the brisket @FranklinBbq. Although I hate to admit Rudy's is not bad either.

Drew Thornley said...

Twitter response:

It depends on whether @JohnMuellerBBQ is smoking in town or not.

Jacob said...

It is all about Old School BBQ moist brisket. Best there is. Franklins is so close, I just don't like their lean brisket, but overall Franklins is better.

Anonymous said...

Texas Y'all BBQ is a local competition and catering team. Their brisket can stand next to any of the big boys.

Anonymous said...

It's really hard for me to believe that these guys could be better than Franklin. I mean, Franklin is the best brisket not only in Austin but in Texas as far as I'm concerned. I guess I have another place to try now.

Drew Thornley said...

Twitter response:

This question is a no brainer. @FranklinBbq

Drew Thornley said...

Twitter response:

+1 RT question is a no brainer. @FranklinBbq

Drew Thornley said...

Twitter response:

Rudy's is my favorite.