Saturday, December 15, 2012

Burnt ends at Rub BBQ (New York City)

This past Tuesday, before I caught a plane back to Austin, I stopped by Rub BBQ in Chelsea. Apparently, they've just reopened, after being closed to repair the damage that was done when a Hummer crashed into the front of the restaurant. (Anyone have pictures of the damage?) I stopped in to grab some fresh-brewed iced tea (which, by the way, was delicious - strong brew) before heading to a lunch, but I ended up ordering a quarter pound of beef burnt ends. So glad I did. They were delicious. Charred on the outside, nice smoke ring beneath, and excellent moisture within. Great flavor. Juicy. I'll probably lose some readers for saying that I had tasty burnt ends in Manhattan, but I cannot tell a lie!

Rub BBQ on Urbanspoon

No comments: