Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Jacob visits Micklethwait Craft Meats (Austin, TX)

On Sunday, our man Jacob visited Austin's newest BBQ trailer, Micklethwait Craft Meats:

Made it over to Micklethwait today for lunch. Found out two important things. One, they only serve brisket and pulled pork from Thursday to Saturday after 4:00 PM, no lunch. They serve pork, chicken, and sausage during lunch and they said they hope to try various other meats on random days for lunch. So I didn't get to try brisket, and they didn't make spare ribs today either. Two, they plan on doing a different custom sausage everyday. He handmakes and stuffs it daily on site. Today was a lamb mix, and it was fantastic. Seems like a great idea. The food I had was great, but lacking smoke. I feel I need to try the brisket and ribs to give it a fair review, but what I had (chicken, pork, lamb sausage) were all cooked perfect and tasted great.


2 comments:

bubba said...

Just my opinion, but I'm willing to bet that he serves his Brisket so late because his competition, which is just down the street, is Franklin. So I imagine he waits to serve it till Franklin closes, then the people who absolutely need a brisket fix come down to his place. I think this is a neat little set up, and I cannot wait to get there and taste some sausage.

Jen Q. said...

I think he waits to serve the brisket 'til dinner because he's taking the time to cook the brisket right!